Hello all! How are you today?
Welcome back to my blog or thank you for stopping by!
May felt like a more successful and fun month for reading. Last month I participated in the Readathin (I’ll leave a link to my TBR blog post here) where there were reading prompts to help decrease your TBR as well as self care prompts/activities. I couldn’t remember if we could double up on prompts but there was a couple of books that could fit more than one so I included it.
Books I Read This Month
A Lesson in Blackmail: Black Mountain Academy (Club Alias) by K.D. Robichaux
- Prompt completed: a book under 280 pages
Scarred (Never After #2) by Emily McIntire
- Prompt completed: read a book that’s in a series/forgotten on my ereader
Hansel and Gretel by Neil Gaiman
- Prompt completed: read a new book
Heartstopper Vol. 1 by Alice Oseman
- Prompt completed: read a graphic novel/read from a genre I love
Self-Care Activities Completed
- Do something creative – I think of my blog and my bullet journal
- Reorganise your shelf (physical or digital) – I got brand new book shelves and sorted out my books
- Get cozy and read for a bit – easily done as it’s winter here and I felt very cozy reading under the blankets
- Take a self care day – had days where I just read and tried to look after myself
- Clearly declutter one area of your home – my whole floor was covered in books and was so happy to put them all up on my new shelves
- Watch a tv or movie – I finally watched Outlander season 5 so I’m up to date now with what is on Netflix for me
- Make a drink or food or buy/order something to eat and drink – I know I did plenty of uber orders so there’s that haha and made plenty of teas and coffees for whilst I studied or read
- Do something you’ve been putting off – my assignment that was due at the end of the month
- Have a bath/shower, relax! – nice little reminder that the littlest things can make you feel so much fresher
- Take a 30 minute social media break – this happened mainly when I focused on my assignment and put a timer on
I’m happy with my reading and activities for the month of May. Hopefully this wave will continue into June as well! Hope you all had a good May. Did any of you participate in a readathon?
Until next time…
2 thoughts on “May Reading Wrap-Up”
Thank you for joining in, you did amazing!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! 💕
LikeLiked by 1 person