Hello everyone! How are you today?
This readathon goes from the 10th of Feb – the 16th of Feb. It’s the sixth round and hosted by Julie, Natasha and Chelsea. I watched Chelseas’s announcement video (you should totally check out her channel!). I’m just going to say right now, I most likely won’t complete all the challenges (depends on how my mood is) but this will be my options. Warning this is going to go either way haha but I’m excited for it!
This readathon is all about having fun and you can double up books. They even said if you can find one book that covers all the topics then go for it!
- Read a contemporary book with green on the cover
- Read a contemporary from a new to you author
- Read a diverse contemporary (keeping in mind that it is Black History Month!)
- Read a backlist contemporary (something that has been on your TBR for over a year)
- Read a dark/hard hitting contemporary
- Read a contemporary with an illustrated cover
- Read a contemporary that is beloved by a member of the book community (and shout out the creator!)
- On the Same Page by Penelope Janu (green on the cover, new author)
- Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey or Tweet Cute by Emma Lord (new author and illustrated cover)
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas (this also covers multiple challenges such as; dark/hard-hitting contemporary, diverse contemporary, backlist book, new author and a beloved contemporary)
- Sick Kids in Love by Hannah Moskowitz (diverse contemporary as it has a lot to do with chronic illness and rheumatoid arthritis)
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (backlist, I mean it’s slightly under a year on my TBR but I need to finally read this)
If I remember correctly I didn’t get the chance to participate in the last contemporary-a-thon so this is the first time I’m taking part in it and I’m so happy!
Again, I’m not going to put too much pressure for myself as I will be reading other books as well for other readathons this month but in these weeks I will do my best to prioritise these books.
Are you participating in the contemporary-a-thon?
Until next time…
2 thoughts on “February Contemporary-a-thon TBR”
I hope you can get to all of them!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I hope so too!